Made with three layers of absorbent hemp fibre and a breathable waterproof layer, these pads are longer than our regular pads and have two pairs of wings that attach with thin snaps around your underwear. The wings hold the pad in place and make it extremely well suited for nighttime as well as daytime heavy flow or for light bladder leakages. The fabric that comes into contact with the skin is of natural fibre, undyed and unbleached. The risks of irritation, allergy an infection are therefore reduced. The colourful patterns on the back of our pads add a touch of beauty!
The Öko-pads are easy to wash and the will not lose shape nor shrink when laundered. The fabric that comes into contact with the skin is of natural fiber, unbleached and undyed. The risks of irritations, allergy and infection are therefore reduced.
- Format: 2-pack
- Colour: natural, undyed, backing of variable colour
- Composition: 36% hemp, 34% organic cotton, 30% organic cotton laminated with polyurethane (waterproof, breathable layer)
- Label: 100% certified organic cotton
- Packaging: FSC certified paper
- Dimensions: 28 x 9.5 cm
- Made in Quebec, Canada
- Care instructions
Put your Öko-Pads in a laundry bucket or breathable bag. When you’re ready to wash them, put them in the washing machine for a short cold cycle, with laundry detergent and (optional) sodium percarbonate (chlorine-free stain remover, maximum 2 tbsp). Then do a regular wash cycle with cold water, adding your other laundry. To dry your Öko-Pads, you can put them in the dryer or hang dry (the sun is an excellent stain remover and is also antibacterial). Store in a clean and dry place. That’s it!
How can I avoid stains?
The natural colour of Öko’s eco-friendly textiles ensures a high level of hygiene. However, undyed textiles can stain easily. To reduce stains, soak your pads in cold water and add a non-chlorine stain remover (maximum 1 tbsp per 4 L of water) and/or laundry detergent. Soaking for one hour will greatly reduce stains. You can also leave a bucket of soapy water in your bathroom during your period. Put all your Öko-Pads in it. Change the water at least once a day. After a maximum of three days, wring out your pads and machine wash on a regular cold cycle.
Some other tips:
- Do an extra rinse if you have very sensitive skin.
- Hot water will make blood coagulate and stick to fabric. Always use cold water.
- Your Öko-Pads will get more absorbent after a few washes.
- Never use bleach or fabric softener: these products irritate the skin and will reduce the lifecycle of your pads.