Natural Perfuming is a centuries-old practice with a rich history in many countries around the world. We offer you this comprehensive beginner’s course that will help you get your foot into the world of perfumery.
This 5-hour course is designed to provide you with a solid foundation and thorough understanding of what it means to make natural perfumes. We will cover the history of perfume, how aromatherapy and natural perfuming intersect, notes, accords, basic & advanced blending, using natural botanicals vs synthetics, and so much more. Class is broken up into two segments with a 30-minute lunch break in-between, with blending aspects for both halves of class to allow you maximize your desire to experiment!
- First Steps Aromatherapy (or other co-current industry experience) is listed as the pre-requisite for this course as natural perfuming requires a basic understanding and knowledge base surrounding essential oils, safe usage, and blending experience.
- Don't have First Steps Aromatherapy? Sign up for our Blending Basics option below and come an hour earlier to class. We'll give you a crash course in blending basics and essential oil safety before we jump into Natural Perfuming.
- Recommended books to purchase and read beforehand are Mixing Essential Oils for Magic by Sandra Kynes and The Fragrant Mind by Valerie Ann Worwood.
- Course Includes
- a folder full of awesome notes and many profiles on certain harder-to-obtain perfuming botanicals
- a blending wheel
- vials to blend into
- the carrier oil(s) of your choice
- roller balls
- over 30 essential oils to blend & play with during class
Time: Natural Perfuming runs from 11:00 am - 4:00 pm. If you are attending our Blending Basics beforehand, then class begins at 10:00 am!
Instructors: Laura Hansen & Bisayo Dawodu
Fee: $100 + gst | add $25 for Blending Basics
(NOTE - To imbue students with deep respect and appreciation for rare botanicals, certain oils and absolutes will be priced out per drop (Sandalwood, Rose Otto, Jasmine, Oakmoss, etc.) for blending in class; these fees are over and above the course fee and payable on the day of class. This process will enable students to fully understand the nature of perfume: luxury.)
Availability: New Dates Coming Soon!