This course is designed to give you a solid introduction into the fascinating art and science of true aromatherapy and is the prerequisite for our Aromatherapy Level 1 course. Starting with some basic theory, terminology, and safety, you ll study 14 of the most commonly used essential oils with their therapeutic properties and which oils to blend with them.
- In This Course You’ll Learn:
You will learn how to research and design recipes. Then the hands-on fun begins. You will learn the specific techniques for successfully blending essential oils into water, oil/lotion and dry material by creating 3 blends for 3 application methods: aerial, bath and skin care.
You will be able to:
- Use essential oils safely and knowledgeably for yourself, family and friends
- Understand basic aromatherapy terminology which enables continued self- learning
- Knowledgeably purchase therapeutic essential oils
- Be confident in producing blended aromatherapy blends for use in water, oil/lotion or dry materials by designing and creating various aromatherapy products in class
- Analyze recipes from books and magazines and judge their effectiveness and safety
- Learn the therapeutic properties of 14 commonly available essential oils
- Choose an appropriate blend and application method for various purposes.
- Course Outline
- Definitions of aromatherapy, essential oils and some medical terminology
- What are essential oils, where and how are they obtained
- Basic safety concerns
- Quality and purity criteria
- What factors make them expensive?
- Theory of how essential oils enter our bodies and various routes of absorption
- Mathematics for blending dilutions
- Amounts to use per method of application
- Teaching your nose to know: a session to discover 14 useful essential oils
- How to analyze a recipe for appropriateness
- Theory of multiple blending methods: in water, in lotion or oils and in dry materials
- Practice in multiple application methods: preparing a room spray, blending for a bath or massage oil, making a perfume or hand lotion, creating a blend for bath salts or bath fizzies
- Additional Info / What to Bring
All handouts and materials to create your blended aromatherapy products are included in the cost of this course. Please bring pens and paper for your adding your own notes.
Please bring snacks and lunch on Saturday (if desired). We've got some great spots nearby to grab lunch on Saturday as well. Water & tea are provided.
Dates: Select below - class always falls on a Friday night & Saturday all day
Time: Friday 6 pm - 9 pm and Saturday 10 am - 4:30 pm
Instructor: Jean Channon-Simpson
Certification: Please read our notes on certification here
Fee: $145 + gst
Please make sure to read our Cancellation Policy in case you're unable to attend!
Please note that this product is excluded from our online order Free Shipping over $100 as this is a class.