Aromatic roll ons are a beautiful, thoughtful gift that can be mixed up quickly and offer the gift of aromatherapy as well as potential therapeutic benefits if you so choose.
Whether your loved one simply loves beautiful scents and wants to carry them along, or has a specific health concern that could be aided by essential oils, a roll on is a wonderful, safe and convenient way to give them the gift of essential oils.
The best part? Once you have gathered your materials, this gift will only take about 2 minutes to make (not including labelling)! Make them for all your friends - they're sure to be loved.
Aromatic Roll Ons Recipe
(Makes one aromatic roll on at 3% dilution)
- 10 mL roller bottle
- 6 drops (total) essential oil(s) of your choice
- Carrier oil to fill container
- Place six drops in total of essential oils into your roller bottle. This might be all one oil, a synergy blend or a mix of oils you've chosen yourself. Just be sure to limit the total to six drops in the bottle.
- Top up with carrier oil to the shoulder of bottle.
- Take rollerball top and place in top of bottle, press firmly to insert.
- Shake well to evenly distribute essential oils throughout carrier oil.
- Be sure to label your roll on with the ingredients and date!
Roll On Blends
Here are four simple essential oil blends that your loved ones might... well, love! Or, create your own blend with the help of this Beginners Blending Guide.
Stress Relief Blend
Combine 3 drops bergamot, 1 drop ylang ylang and 2 drops petitgrain. This blend can be sniffed or applied to pressure points to combat tiredness, irritability, aches and pains and occasional feelings of depression. (From The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood)
Combine 2 drops each may chang, cardamom and lemon essential oils. This blend is helpful for anyone who needs to focus (and don't we all!). (From The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood)
Relaxation & Sleep Blend
Single Notes and Synergies for Roll Ons
Or, use an a la carte option with a single essential oil or a pre-mixed synergy blend. Here are some popular options:
- Bergamot (cheerful & calming)
- Lavender (calming & stress-busting)
- Lemongrass (focus & vitality)
- Neroli sur fleurs Petitgrain (calming & creativity)
- Patchouli (meditative & sedative)
- Peppermint (stimulating)
- 5 Minutes Peace (soothing & grounding)
- Barry White (sensual & romantic)
- Earth (grounding & deep meditation)
- Walkin' on Sunshine (cheerful & sweet)