Our last handmade gift recipe of the season is room spray/body spray. Either is a great application for essential oils, giving the benefits of diffusing the oils in the air with the added benefit of being completely portable. These make a great stocking stuffer or a full gift on their own.
Room Spray and Body Spray Recipe
(Makes one 60 mL room spray or body spray)
- 60 mL distilled water
- 60 mL bottle
- Essential oils: 36 drops for a room spray; 12 drops for a body spray
- Emulsifier* (equal to the amount of essential oils)
- Appropriately sized mister for bottle
*Optional — if leaving out the emulsifier, you will simply need to shake the bottle before each use
- Trim mister tube to correct length - be sure to trim on an angle.
- Drop your essential oils into your bottle.
- Add equal amount of emulsifier, if using. Swirl to mix.
- Add water to shoulder of bottle and swirl to mix.
- Add cap and label!
Essential Oil Options
- Bergamot (cheerful & calming)
- Lavender (calming & stress-busting)
- Lemongrass (focus & vitality)
- Lime (refreshing & mentally stimulating)
- Sweet Orange (joy & confidence)
- Palo Santo (energy cleansing & spiritual)
- Spearmint (refreshing)
- Air (mental stimulant)
- Pick Me Up (mental stimulant)
- Secret Garden (calming floral)
- Squeaky Clean (air clearing)
- Walkin' on Sunshine (cheering & odour-busting)
- Zen Lotus (peaceful & uplifting)
Essential Oil Combos
- juniper + grapefruit
- sweet orange + clove
- lavender + bergamot
- jasmine + eucalyptus
- ylang ylang + geranium
- lavender + frankincense
- cedarwood + mandarin