Kate asked about lesser known oils for relaxation and meditation. This is a great question, as oils like lavender, chamomile and lemongrass get a lot of attention. Not that they don't deserve it, but it's always fun to talk about some of the oils that don't usually make it into the spotlight.
When you want to meditate, you want to focus yourself, still your thoughts and become more present.
Oils that help with focus, stillness and being present:
- Frankincense Sacra has a rich history of spiritual use and can be diffused during meditation to heighten inner focus and vision
- Neroli is great if you’re struggling with a bout of insomnia or just want to be extra relaxed
- Palo Santo is wonderful for clearing the mind before meditation
- Clary Sage is another sedative known for its grounding effects. It is also said to enhance one's ability to dream.
- Vetiver is another grounding oil that will help the nervous system depress itself and relax
I hope that you enjoy trying out these oils as part of your meditation or bedtime routine. Let me know what you think!
This information was first shared in the October 31, 2017 edition of Ask Your Aromatherapist on our Facebook page.