The Regular Öko-pads offers an excellent protection for normal to high flow during menstruation or light bladder leakages.
Made of 3 layers of absorbent hemp and a breathable-waterproof film, they are thin, comfortable and efficient. Like disposable pads, Öko Creations pads have wings to hold the pad in place (with a thin snap). The colourful backings add a touch of beauty!
The Öko-pads are easy to wash and the will not lose shape nor shrink when laundered. The fabric that comes into contact with the skin is of natural fiber, unbleached and undyed. The risks of irritations, allergy and infection are therefore reduced.
- Format: 2-pack
- Colour: natural, undyed, backing of variable colour
- Composition: 42% hemp, 32% organic cotton, 24% organic cotton laminated with polyurethane
- Label: 100% certified organic cotton
- Packaging: FSC certified paper
- Dimensions: 24 x 9 cm
- Made in Quebec, Canada
- Care instructions
Put your Öko-Pads in a laundry bucket or breathable bag. When you’re ready to wash them, put them in the washing machine for a short cold cycle, with laundry detergent and (optional) sodium percarbonate (chlorine-free stain remover, maximum 2 tbsp). Then do a regular wash cycle with cold water, adding your other laundry. To dry your Öko-Pads, you can put them in the dryer or hang dry (the sun is an excellent stain remover and is also antibacterial). Store in a clean and dry place. That’s it!
How can I avoid stains?
The natural colour of Öko’s eco-friendly textiles ensures a high level of hygiene. However, undyed textiles can stain easily. To reduce stains, soak your pads in cold water and add a non-chlorine stain remover (maximum 1 tbsp per 4 L of water) and/or laundry detergent. Soaking for one hour will greatly reduce stains. You can also leave a bucket of soapy water in your bathroom during your period. Put all your Öko-Pads in it. Change the water at least once a day. After a maximum of three days, wring out your pads and machine wash on a regular cold cycle.
Some other tips:
- Do an extra rinse if you have very sensitive skin.
- Hot water will make blood coagulate and stick to fabric. Always use cold water.
- Your Öko-Pads will get more absorbent after a few washes.
- Never use bleach or fabric softener: these products irritate the skin and will reduce the lifecycle of your pads.