Are you interested in deepening your knowledge of essential oils and broadening your experience in Aromatherapy?
COURSE DESCRIPTION: With particular focus on the properties of essential oils and how to use them, this course is designed to prepare students to knowledgeably, safely and appropriately use the oils in many situations. We'll study commonly accepted therapeutic actions on physical and emotional levels and discuss the various application methods. Starting with the 14 oils from our First Steps Aromatherapy class, we'll add detail to them and continue with 36 new ones.
LEARNING OUTCOMES: You will leave with printed reference profiles of each essential oil (50 in total) along with handouts for each lecture. Students will be able to:
- Choose appropriately from a variety of methods for selecting, blending and applying essential oils and preparations created from them
- Assess and determine the most appropriate oils, formulas and application methods for specific health and wellness related problems
- Demonstrate consultation and assessment techniques
- Develop and implement an appropriate treatment plan for individual circumstances
- Utilize appropriate record keeping
- Understand Aromatherapy terminology
- Describe the Materia medica for Aromatherapy
- Demonstrate self-care
COURSE STRUCTURE: Our classes are presented in a classroom format and include lectures, practical classroom work and homework through case studies, assignments and reading outside of class. A certificate of attendance will be offered at completion of all classes.
PREREQUISITE: First Steps Aromatherapy, or relevant industry experience (please note below)
NOTES: Your course binder and all handouts are included in the cost of this course as well as materials used during class time. Cost does not include books and additional materials for use outside of class. Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with additional information about these items.
DATE / TIME / LOCATION: 8 class days in total, held over 4 alternating weekends, each 10:00 am - 5:00 pm, all in the upstairs classroom at The Apothecary in Inglewood:
- Language of Aromatherapy, Protocols & Consults: Feb 23 - 24
- Natural Remedies, Skin Care I: March 2 - 3
- Skin Care II, Subtle Aromatherapy: March 16 - 17 (held in secondarily classroom)
- Self Care, The Kitchen Sink: March 30 - 31
INSTRUCTOR: Jean Channon-Simpson
FEE: $795 + GST, includes the following:
- Course binder & all handouts
- $50 coupon from The Apothecary in Inglewood for use towards materials
- Student discount card to use (valid for the duration of the entire course!) - 15% off at The Apothecary
CERTIFICATION: Please read our notes on certification here
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Feb 13, 2019
Please make sure to read our Cancellation Policy in case you're unable to attend!
Please note that this product is excluded from our online order Free Shipping over $100 as this is a class.